WHAT IS BAPTISM?
Baptism is a visual representation of the gospel (Rom. 6:1-5) - an outward expression of an inward transformation (Acts 8:35-38). - a symbolic means of identifying with Jesus (Rom. 6:1-5). - an act of obedience to Jesus (Matt. 28:19-20). - publicly testifying of how God has saved you through Jesus by faith. (Eph. 2:8-10)
Watch Pastor Jesse unpacked the biblical basis for Baptism and why it is an imperative for every believer who follows Jesus.
1. Does baptism save you? No
2. Is baptism necessary in order for someone to be or get saved? No
3. Does baptism give you a better status with God? No
4. Do you baptism infants. No.
5. We hold to believers baptism and aim to baptism no one younger than 10 years old due to them being able to testify, articulate and understand, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
6. Can I be baptized if I am not a member at WEFC? Yes
7. Does WEFC require a person to have been baptism in order to be a member? No. It is not required but it is preferred.